Robotics with Mindstorms EV3
Ages: 9 and up
Offered July 1- 5, 2019
Campers will learn physics and engineering principles while building with Lego Mindstorms EV3 systems. Teams and challenges will be customized for the experience level and interest of the student.
This can include:
Robot materials and programming stations are provided but not taken home.
Video Game Design
Ages: 9 and up
Offered July 8 - 12, 2019
Campers will learn real programming skills while they build progressively more sophisticated games. This involves less teamwork than robotics, but students still have instant challenges and have fun playing each other's games. The games are saved online and can be played at any time. Most students will use the Scratch website to build their games, but this class is also customized for each student's experience and interests.
At every level fun activities teach:
General Camp Procedures
- Each summer day camp runs from 9am to 5pm, but students can be dropped off as early as 8:30am and picked up as late as 5:30pm.
- During drop off and pick up times, the teachers will be in the classroom with campers. You are invited to come into the building (Sierra Middle School) with your child and follow the signs for STEM Camp in room 702.
- Students need to bring their own lunch, two snacks, and a water bottle. A refrigerator and microwave are available.
- Up to half of the day is spent playing games like chess, soccer, frisbee golf, etc. There will be supervised free time outdoors. You may wish to apply sunscreen on your child before drop off in the morning.
- Regular tuition price for either camp is $490 per week.